We have openings for the following positions:
- Asphalt Paving Foreman
- Dump Man
- Screed Operator
- CDL Endorsed Truck Drivers
- Roller Operators
How to Apply for Employment with McGarvin-Moberly Construction
Fill out our online application form. We may also request that you fill out supplemental forms such as our Skills List document which you can find in the brown box labeled Employment downloads.
Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- McGarvin-Moberly is an employee owned company, and uses an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) as a way to provide a retirement plan to its employees.
- Contributions are made annually to the ESOP by the company, on behalf of the employee.
- After two years of service, the employee is 20% vested, which means in the second year, the employee is entitled to 20% of the amount contributed by the company. For each year after that, the employee’s percentage goes up 20% until they are fully “vested” at the end of year 6. To have access to the full amount of money in their account, an employee has to work 1,000 hours per year for 6 years.
- Disbursements are made to the employee if:
- The employee is of retirement age, and no longer employed by the company.
- The employee has a vested balance, and has not worked for the company for the last five years.
- Once an employee is eligible for disbursement, the funds will be distributed over a 5 year period (if the balance is over $5,000).
- Over the past ten years, the average amount contributed to the ESOP for each employee was 13.89% of their wages. This means that if an employee works 1,000 hours in a year, and makes $30,000 in wages, then the average amount contributed would be $4,167.00 for that year.
- The things that make the value of your stock go up or down are: financial success of the company, appraised value of the equipment, and market outlook for their line of work. An ESOP appraisal is performed every year to determine the value of each share of stock, which will change annually.
In summary, the ESOP is a great benefit to us as employees, and is a great recruiting tool for new hires. Please, if you have any questions, let Phil or Bryan know.